10 Great Reasons to Be a Member
1. Connection: You are connected to a larger group banded together to produce positive results for our State
2. Annual Educational Conference: The annual Conference provides quality education and networking for public health professionals, and you receive a SIGNIFICANT discount by being a member. You can contribute to the content, help plan the Conference or attend to enhance your professional development.
3. Free Informational Services: The association keeps members in touch with each other and current issues through the association’s web site and email updates of emerging issues relevant to public health. You remine informed about public health in our region in a way that saves you time.
4. Networking: You have many opportunities to network with public health professionals in our region, building your contacts, sharing ideas, best practices and solutions to enhance your current job, find opportunities for career enhancement, etc. Networking events range from Annual Conferences to regional meetings.
5. Affiliation: You will have affiliation with YOUR professional association and over 800 public health professionals in our region.
6. Discounts on Educational Offerings: You receive reduced registration fees at all Public Health sponsored continuing education events.
7. Leadership Opportunities: You are provided opportunities to learn and practice leadership and meeting management skills that you may need for your resume, professional growth or self-promotion. Opportunities are available on the Board, committees and special projects.
8. Recognition: You can be recognized or can recognize your colleagues for their achievements in public health. Some of our heroes work right next to us every day!
9. Empowerment: You are part of a larger community. You are empowered to get involved in issues that affect your personal and professional communities and your quality of life.